Forms and Other Documents:
- You can schedule a ride Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- You must call at least two business days before your routine appointment
- Hospital discharges or rides to urgent care can be scheduled same day
- Have your trip information ready when you call
- Be ready at least 15 minutes before your ride is scheduled to arrive
Important Toll-Free Phone Numbers
- To schedule a ride call 1-866-572-7662 (TTY: 711)
- If your ride is late call 1-866-572-7662 (TTY: 711)
- To file a complaint call 1-866-436-0457 (TTY: 711)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
MTM provides rides for eligible Iowa FFS Medicaid members. You can set up a free ride to a Medicaid-covered service if you have no other way to get there.
Call us at 1-866-572-7662 (TTY: 711). Please call to schedule your ride at least two business days in advance. We schedule routine trips Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. You can also use the MTM Link web portal and mobile app to book your ride at any time.
Please have the following information ready when you call:
- Your name, date of birth, address, phone number, and your Medicaid ID number.
- The name, address, and phone number of where you are going.
- The date and time of the appointment.
- The medical reason for your transportation request.
- The type of appointment you are going to (doctor, dentist, therapy, etc.).
- Any special needs you may have, including if you use a walker, cane, or wheelchair.
- If you need someone to go along with you.
If your appointment is urgent, MTM will set up your ride. An urgent request is considered to be any illness or injury that requires immediate treatment to prevent a serious decline in your health. This includes rides to:
- Sick visits.
- Urgent care.
- Life-sustaining services.
- The pharmacy.
- Hospital discharges and follow-ups.
Call us at 1-866-572-7662 (TTY: 711), 24 hours a day, seven days a week, to schedule an urgent ride. MTM does not schedule emergency transportation. Call 911 if you have an emergency.
You do not get to choose what kind of vehicle we assign you. You will receive the type of ride that is most appropriate for your physical and medical condition. We may consult your doctor. Based on your needs, we will offer you:
- Gas mileage reimbursement if you or a friend or family member can drive you to your appointment.
- Public transit services if your home and destination are near a bus stop, and you can walk there independently and safely.
- Sedan vehicle if you can walk between the door of your home/destination and the vehicle.
- Wheelchair-equipped vehicle if you utilize a mobility device.
- Stretcher van if you are confined to a bed and cannot transfer to a wheelchair.
- Non-emergency ambulance if you require medical care during transport.
We may be able to help with gas costs if you, a friend, or a family member can drive you to your appointment. We must approve these types of rides before your appointment. Ask us about this program when you call to schedule your ride.
- Be ready for your ride at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled pick-up time.
- If you scheduled a ride back, your driver should pick you up within 15 minutes after your visit is over. Call MTM at 1-866-572-7662 (TTY: 711) if your driver is late or does not pick you up.
- If your visit is over and you did not schedule a ride back, call MTM at 1-866-572-7662 (TTY: 711). The driver should arrive within one hour. Call MTM back if you have waited longer.
Call MTM 1-866-572-7662 (TTY: 711) if you need to cancel or reschedule your ride. Please call as soon as possible.
Call MTM at 1-866-572-7662 (TTY: 711) if you:
- Have waited more than 15 minutes after the pick-up time scheduled during the original ride request.
- Have waited more than one hour after calling MTM to schedule a return ride, if a return ride was not scheduled during the original request.
- Cannot reach the driver.
When you call, please tell us if you would like to ride with a certain provider. MTM will try to honor your request. However, we cannot promise your ride will be assigned to the requested provider. The provider must be in our network.
If you have questions about MTM, you have the right to get help and information in your language at no cost. To talk to an interpreter, call 1-888-561-8747.
You can expect certain rights and protections from MTM. You also have certain responsibilities. Click here to read IME’s member rights and responsibilities.
We always want to provide excellent service. Call MTM’s We Care Line at 1-866-436-0457 (TTY: 711) if you have a complaint about your service. You can also make suggestions about how we can serve you better. You may also use our convenient online form. We will follow up on all complaints.
MTM will send you a letter if we:
- Deny or give a limited approval of service.
- Suspend or end a service already approved.
- Deny payment for a service.
If you disagree with a denial or other decision made by MTM, you can file an appeal, grievance, or State Fair Hearing request. You can do this by calling or writing to us within 90 days of the date on your denial letter. You must tell us you disagree with our decision. Send your letter to:
16 Hawk Ridge Circle
Lake St. Louis, MO 63367
Call us at 1-866-436-0457 for more information.