MTM partners with medical facilities throughout Iowa to ensure seamless, successful transportation delivery to Iowa FFS Medicaid members. Let us know how we can help you best arrange NEMT services for your patients.
Forms and Other Documents:
MTM Community Outreach
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
MTM provides rides for eligible Iowa FFS Medicaid members. The NEMT program helps FFS members access free rides. We will provide rides to a covered service if the member has no other way to get there.
With the exception of urgent trips, NEMT requests must be scheduled at least two business days in advance. Urgent trips will be scheduled immediately.
MTM’s customer service center is open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday for scheduling routine appointments. Additionally, urgent requests are taken 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Please call 1-866-572-7662 to phone in transportation requests.
An urgent request is considered to be any illness or injury that requires immediate treatment to prevent a serious decline in a member’s health. This includes rides to:
- Sick visits.
- Urgent care.
- Life-sustaining services.
- The pharmacy.
- Hospital discharges and follow-ups.
Call us at 1-866-572-7662 (TTY: 711), 24 hours a day, seven days a week, to schedule an urgent ride. MTM does not schedule emergency transportation. Call 911 if you have an emergency.
Yes, MTM can schedule recurring trips, eliminating the need to schedule each trip individually. Recurring trips can be scheduled up to six months at a time.
Based on the member’s needs, we offer the following modes of transportation:
- Gas mileage reimbursement if the member or a friend or family member can drive to the appointment.
- Public transit services if the member’s home and destination are near a bus stop, and they can walk there independently and safely.
- Sedan vehicle if the member can walk between the door of their home/destination and the vehicle.
- Wheelchair-equipped vehicle if the member utilizes a mobility device.
- Stretcher van if the member is confined to a bed and cannot transfer to a wheelchair.
- Non-emergency ambulance if the member requires medical care during transport.
If a member says s/he is unable to utilize public transportation or mileage reimbursement, a healthcare provider will be required to fill out our Level of Need assessment form. This form communicates the member’s actual needs to MTM for appropriate mode assignment.
If the return time for an appointment is not known at the time of the reservation, MTM will assign the return trip as a will-call trip. In this case, you will call MTM when the member is ready for their ride home. We will dispatch the trip and the transportation provider will arrive within one hour. Call MTM at 1-866-572-7662 to find out the status of a transportation provider’s estimated arrival time.
If you or a member experiences an issue with NEMT, call MTM’s “We Care Line” at 1-866-436-0457 or fill out our convenient online form. We will follow up on all complaints and contact all parties involved in the scheduling and transport to resolve the issue.