MTM Achieves Champion Level in the 2022 St. Louis Green Business Challenge
Every year, the Missouri Botanical Gardens hosts the Challenge, focused on encouraging St. Louis-area businesses to integrate sustainability measures into their everyday practices. For the 2022 Challenge, MTM was named a Champion Level organization—the highest achievement given to participating companies. MTM was one of 20 Champion Level organizations named in the 2022 Challenge.
“At MTM, initiatives related to sustainability and protecting our environment are the threads weaving our existence,” President and CEO Alaina Macia said of the honor. “We think carefully about our approach to sustainability, and we are proud to lead the transportation industry in mitigating the impacts of climate change through more sustainable transportation solutions. We have a long way to go, but we’re taking significant steps to reduce our carbon footprint and make a positive impact on our industry, and our Earth as a whole, as we seek to make transportation more sustainable for future generations.”
Just a few of the efforts that landed MTM on the 2022 Challenge included:
- The biophilic interior design at our Lake St. Louis, Missouri headquarters, including moss, rock, and waterfall fixtures; planted living walls; and rooms with fluffy cloud light fixtures in painted blue “skies.” Biophilia helps keep us refreshed, energized, and connected with nature throughout the workday.
- The white silicone coated heat-reflecting roof and high efficiency air conditioning system at our Lake St. Louis office.
- The launch of our formal Environmental Stewardship, Social Responsibility, and Corporate Governance (ESG) Charter in late 2022 that reflects our promises and commitment to sustainability.
- The introduction of a new transit per diem that incentivizes staff to utilize public transit or rideshare services as alternatives to rental vehicles during business travel.
- Reducing waste through water bottle filling stations with signage and providing employees with glass water bottles and reusable coffee mugs.
Recipients of the Challenge were highlighted in the 2022 Accomplishments Book. Check out MTM’s profile on page 36 of the book to learn more about the accomplishments and innovations that helped us earn a spot in the 2022 Challenge!
Congratulations to our fellow sustainability-focused recipients, and thank you to the Missouri Botanical Gardens for recognizing MTM’s efforts!