MTM is a NEMT manager in Florida. We arrange transportation in regions 3 through 8. You must be eligible for Medicaid to get a ride from MTM. You must live in region 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, or 8. You may not be enrolled in a managed care plan. This website will help you use NEMT services to see your doctor.
Routine Rides Call MTM at 1-844-239-5974 to schedule a routine ride. You can call Monday through Friday. We take calls from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Call at least three business days before you need a ride. Business days include the day you call but not the day of your trip. If your ride is not urgent and you call with less notice you may need to reschedule. Urgent Rides Call MTM at 1-844-239-5974 to schedule an urgent ride. You can call for an urgent ride 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Urgent rides include those to:
- Urgent care services
- Hospital/facility inpatient and outpatient discharges
- Emergency room discharges
Urgent rides will be provided in three hours or less. We do not give rides for emergencies. Call 911.
Call 1-844-239-5974 to cancel your ride. You must cancel your ride if you can’t go to your appointment. Please call 24 hours before your ride.
To file a complaint with MTM, you or your representative can:
- Call MTM’s WeCare line at 1-866-436-0457
- Write to MTM at:
Attention: Quality Management
16 Hawk Ridge Drive
Lake Saint Louis, MO 63367
When you file a complaint, you must provide:
- Your name and Medicaid ID number
- The date of service
- You trip number
Complaints may be filed within one year of the event. When we get your complaint, MTM will contact you within three business days. We will tell you the result of the complaint in a letter within 14 business days.
You must be eligible to get a ride. You will receive the type of ride that best meets your needs. Types of rides available include:
- Public transportation
- Mileage reimbursement
- Multi-load vehicles
- Wheelchair vehicles
- Stretcher vehicles
- Private volunteer transport
If you ride the bus to get to the doctor, MTM will mail you a ticket or pass.
We may be able to reimburse you, a friend, or a family member who has access to a car to drive you to your appointments. Ask us about this program when you call to set up your trip.
If you are unable to print a copy of the mileage reimbursement trip log, call us at 1-888-513-0703. We will mail you a copy of the trip log.
You may speak to MTM in English or Spanish. MTM has translation services for other languages.
MTM monitors no shows. If you don’t show up for your ride we will report it.
Please have the following information ready when you call:
- Your name, home address, and phone number
- Your Medicaid ID number
- The street address and phone number where you want to be picked up
- The name, phone number, address, and ZIP code of the doctor you are seeing
- The date and time of your appointment
- The end time of your appointment, if known
- Any special needs, including the need for someone to ride with you
- General reason for the appointment (for example, health care provider visit, check-up, eye appointment)
If you don’t have this ready when you call you may not be able to set up your ride. You will have to call MTM back. You will get a trip number. If you ride the bus to get to the doctor, MTM will mail you a ticket or pass. If you will get picked up, we will tell you when to be ready for your ride.
You must follow these rules when riding with MTM:
- Schedule routine rides at least three business days in advance
- Provide your pick-up place, drop-off place, and why you need the ride when you call
- Be ready and watching for your ride at your pick-up time
- Call MTM 24 hours in advance or as soon as possible to cancel a ride
- Be thoughtful of other passengers in your vehicle if you are sharing a ride to your doctor
- Do not bring alcohol, drugs, or weapons in the vehicle
- Use your seatbelt
- Do not physically or verbally abuse other passengers or the driver
- Do not smoke, eat, or drink in the vehicle
We take fraud and abuse seriously. Call MTM at 1-844-239-5974 to report fraud. You can also call our WeCare line at 1-866-436-0457.
You will have a $1.00 copayment each way of a trip, unless you are exempt.
MTM respects your right to privacy. We abide by all privacy laws.