The Royal Vagabonds Honor Alaina Macia with Corporate Executive Leadership Award
MTM is excited to announce that our President and CEO Alaina Macia was recently bestowed an exciting honor: the Royal Vagabonds named her one of three recipients of the 2022 Corporate Executive Leadership Award. The award, given at the organization’s 11th annual Leadership Awards Luncheon, honors St. Louis-area leaders who help to advance a diverse and inclusive environment in the region.
The Leadership Luncheon is one of the organization’s largest fundraising events. Proceeds from the event fund college scholarships for graduating high school seniors, helping to achieve the Royal Vagabonds’ goal to help students turn their educational dreams into reality.
This year’s luncheon, held on April 23 at the Renaissance St. Louis, honored 12 local leaders and community members for the contributions to the St. Louis area. Award recipients included:
Corporate Executive Leadership Award
- Alaina Macia, President and CEO, MTM
- Brian Davies, St. Louis Market President, Great Southern Bank
- Art Holliday, News Director, KSDK Channel 5
Dr. R. Jerome Williams Sr. Leadership Award for Excellence in Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Valerie Patton, Chief Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Officer and President, Greater St. Louis, Inc. Foundation
- Julio Suarez, Senior Director of Community Affairs and Better World, Anheuser-Busch In Bev.
Public Servant Leadership Award
- Colonel Kenneth Gregory, Chief of Police, St. Louis County
- Colonel John W. Hayden, Jr., Chief of Police, City of St. Louis
Dr. Henry Givens, Jr. Leadership Award for Excellence in Education
- Lynn Beckwith, Jr., Educator
Leadership Award for Excellence in Civic Engagement
- Alison Kindle Hogan, Founder and Chair, Rung for Women
- Honorable Judge David Mason and Attorney Paul Venker, Organizers, Freedom Suits Memorial
- Neal Richardson and Michael Woods, Co-Founders, Dream Builders 4 Equity
- Mound City Bar Association, Celebrating 100 Years. Kenneth Goins, Esq., President
Congratulations to Alaina and each one of this year’s award recipients!
About the Royal Vagabonds and the Leadership Awards Luncheon
Since 2012, the Royal Vagabonds Foundation, Inc. and the Royal Vagabonds, Inc. host an annual Leadership Awards Luncheon to recognize and honor individuals, businesses, and organizations that are leading the way in taking the non-profit, public and private sectors to greater heights, especially those who help to advance a diverse and inclusive community.
Founded in 1930, the Royal Vagabonds, Inc. was organized by a small group of African-American professionals and businessmen who got together to plan, implement and share common goals and activities due to limited social and intellectual opportunities that existed for “men of color” during those days. Since its early beginnings, the Royal Vagabonds, Inc. has grown into an influential membership of over 100 members and continues to provide social and philanthropic services, resources and contributions to improve the lives and/or living conditions of the underserved.
The Royal Vagabonds Foundation, Inc was established in 2005 and granted 501 (c) (3) tax exemption status. Contributions and grants enable the Royal Vagabonds Foundation to continue its initiatives and programs that provide college scholarships to local graduating high school seniors to help students turn their educational dreams into reality. Gene Reece is President of the Royal Vagabonds Foundation, Inc. Herbert L. Buie is Grand Pharaoh of the Royal Vagabonds, Inc.