Forms and Other Documents
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
MTM provides free rides for eligible MO HealthNet participants. You must have no other way to get to your MO HealthNet covered service appointments.
If you are eligible for NEMT, MTM can arrange rides for you to go to an appointment with a MO HealthNet provider near your home. If the provider is far away, you may need to get a note from your doctor.
MTM cannot arrange rides for you to go to:
- The pharmacy (unless you have a scheduled vaccination appointment);
- Certain Durable Medical Equipment (DME) services;
- Some Comprehensive Substance Treatment Abuse and Rehabilitation (CSTAR) services;
- Developmental Disability (DD) Waiver Services;
- Some Community Psychiatric Rehabilitation (CPR) services;
- Adult day care services; or
- Services provided in your home
Call MTM at 1-866-269-5927 (TTY: 711). If you live in an urban county, call at least two (2) days before your appointment, unless your trip is urgent. If you live in a basic or rural county, call at least three (3) days before your appointment, unless your trip is urgent. MTM schedules routine rides Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. You can also use the MTM Link web portal and mobile app to book your ride.
Please have the following information ready when you call:
- Your name, date of birth, address, phone number, and your MO HealthNet ID number;
- The name, address, and phone number of where you are going;
- The date and time of the appointment;
- The medical reason for your transportation request;
- The type of MO HealthNet covered service (doctor, dentist, therapy, etc.);
- Any special needs you may have, including if you use a walker, cane, or wheelchair; and
- If you need someone to go along with you (please note, participants under the age of 18 must have a parent/guardian ride with them)
If your appointment is urgent, MTM will set up your ride. An urgent request is an illness or injury that requires immediate treatment. This includes hospital discharges. Call MTM at 1-866-269-5927 (TTY: 711), 24 hours a day, seven days a week, to schedule an urgent ride.
MTM does not schedule rides to the ER. Call 911 if you have an emergency.
You do not get to choose what kind of vehicle we assign you. You will receive the type of ride that is best for your physical and medical condition. We may consult your doctor. Based on your medical needs, we will offer you:
- Gas mileage reimbursement if a friend or family member can drive you to your appointment;
- Public transit services if your home and destination are within three (3) blocks of a bus stop, and you can walk there independently and safely;
- Sedan vehicle if you can walk between the door of your home/destination and the vehicle;
- Wheelchair-equipped vehicle if you utilize a mobility device;
- Stretcher van if you are confined to a bed and cannot transfer to a wheelchair; or
- Non-emergency ambulance if you require medical care during transport
- Be ready for your ride at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled pick-up time.
- If you scheduled a ride back, your driver should pick you up within 15 minutes after your visit is over. Call MTM if your driver is late or does not pick you up.
- If your visit is over and you did not schedule a ride back, call MTM. The driver should arrive within one (1) hour. Call 1-866-269-5927 (TTY: 711) if you have waited longer.
Call MTM at 1-866-269-5927 (TTY: 711) if you need to cancel or reschedule your ride. Please call as soon as possible. You may also call this number to ask questions about scheduled rides.
Call MTM at 1-866-269-5944 (TTY: 711) if:
- You have waited more than 15 minutes after the pick-up time scheduled during the original ride request.
- You have waited more than one (1) hour after calling MTM for a return ride, if a return ride was not scheduled during the original request.
- You cannot reach the driver.
When you call, please tell MTM if you would like to ride with a certain provider. MTM will try to honor your request. However, MTM cannot promise your ride will be assigned to the requested provider. The provider must be in MTM’s network.
You can expect certain rights and protections from MTM:
- You have the right to be treated with respect and dignity;
- You have the right to privacy;
- You have the right to exercise your rights without being worried about the way the NEMT program will treat you; and
- You have the right to file a complaint or grievance related to MTM’s services without any penalty
When utilizing NEMT to travel to an appointment, you must:
- Be dressed, clean, and ready for your ride at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled pick-up time.
- Never bring alcohol, drugs, or any weapon on the vehicle.
- Use the seatbelt.
- Use car seats for children as appropriate; if you do not have a car seat for your child, please let MTM know when you call to schedule your ride.
- Bring your own wheelchair if necessary.
- Never smoke, eat, or consume beverages while on board the vehicle.
- Never physically or verbally abuse other participants or the driver.
- Be thoughtful of other passengers you share a ride with.
Missouri law requires that:
- Children under 4 years old or less than 40 pounds must be in an appropriate child safety seat.
- Children ages 4 through 7 who weigh at least 40 pounds must be in an appropriate child safety seat or booster seat unless they are 80 pounds or 4'9" tall.
- Children age 8 and over or weighing at least 80 pounds or at least 4'9" tall are required to be secured by a safety belt or buckled into an appropriate booster seat.
If you do not have a child safety seat or booster seat, let MTM know when you call to schedule your ride. MTM will help you get one.
MTM always wants to provide excellent service. Call MTM’s We Care Line at 1-866-436-0457 (TTY: 711) if you have a complaint. You may also use our convenient online form. MTM will follow up on all complaints.
MTM will send you a letter if:
- We deny or give a limited approval of service.
- We suspend or end a service already approved.
- We deny payment for a service.
You have the right to ask for a State Fair Hearing within 90 days from the date of the letter. You may ask anyone to help you. A decision will be made within 90 days from the date you asked for a State Fair Hearing unless it is an expedited request. For information on State Fair Hearings, call the Participant Services Unit at 1-800-392-2161 (toll-free) or 1-573-751-6527 (at your cost).
Call MTM at 1-866-436-0457 (TTY: 711) for more information.
- You can schedule a ride Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- You must call at least two (2) days before your routine appointment if you live in an urban county; hospital discharges or rides to urgent care can be scheduled same day.
- You must call at least three (3) days before your routine appointment if you live in a basic or rural county; hospital discharges or rides to urgent care can be scheduled same day.
- Have your trip information ready when you call.
- Be ready at least 15 minutes before your ride is scheduled to arrive.
Important Toll-Free Phone Numbers
- To schedule a ride call 1-866-269-5927 (TTY: 711)
- If your ride is late call 1-866-269-5944 (TTY: 711)
- To file a complaint call 1-866-436-0457 (TTY: 711)