Forms and Other Documents:
MTM provides rides free of charge for Medicaid beneficiaries throughout Mississippi. Beneficiaries must be attending a covered medical service and have no other way to get there.
Call us toll-free at 1-866-331-6004 at least three business days before your visit. If you call with less notice and the trip is not urgent, you may need to set up your visit for a different date. We schedule routine trips Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
When you call, please be ready to provide:
- Your name, home address, and phone number
- Your Medicaid ID number
- The street address and the phone number where you want to be picked up
- The name, phone number, address, and ZIP code of the health care provider you are seeing
- The date and start time of your appointment
- The end time of your appointment, if you know it
- Any special needs, including if you need someone to ride with you
- General reason for the appointment (check-up, eye appointment, etc.)
To determine the ride most appropriate for you, MTM will ask questions about your health and how you handle basic daily tasks. We may also consult your health care provider. Based on your needs, we will offer you:
- Mileage reimbursement
- Fixed route bus tickets
- Basic ambulatory vehicle services, including sedan, van, and taxi
- Enhanced vehicle services equipped to transport wheelchairs and stretchers
- Non-emergency ambulance services
When you call, please tell us if you would like to ride with a certain provider. MTM will try to honor your request. However, we cannot promise your ride will be assigned to the requested provider. The provider must be in our network. MTM does not assign trips to out-of-network providers.
- Your driver will call to remind you of your pick-up time. The driver will also give you their phone number. Keep this with you.
- Be ready for your ride at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled pick-up time.
- If you scheduled a ride back, your driver should pick you up less than 15 minutes after your visit is over. Call MTM’s toll-free Where’s My Ride line at 1-866-334-3794 if you have waited longer.
- If your visit is over and you did not schedule a ride back, call the number provided by your driver. The driver should arrive in less than one hour. Call MTM’s toll-free Where’s My Ride line at 1-866-334-3794 if you have waited longer.
Call MTM toll-free at 1-866-331-6004 to cancel your ride or make changes.
- Call our toll-free Where’s My Ride line at 1-866-334-3794 if you:
- Have waited more than 15 minutes after your scheduled pick-up time
- Called your driver after your appointment and have waited more than one hour to be picked up
- Cannot reach the driver
- All rides must be for a covered medical service
- You can schedule a ride Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m
- You must call at least three business days before your appointment
- Have your trip information ready when you call
- Be ready at least 15 minutes before your ride is scheduled to arrive
Important Toll-Free Phone Numbers
- To schedule a ride call 1-866-331-6004
- To file a complaint call 1-866-436-0457
- If your ride is late call 1-866-334-3794