Minnesota Transportation Programs
MTM partners with medical facilities throughout ten counties in Minnesota (Hennepin, Ramsey, Dakota, Washington, Isanti, Chisago, Anoka, Sherburne, Stearns, and Wright) to ensure seamless, successful transportation delivery to Medical Assistance recipients. Our Care Management department was developed for the sole purpose of working with medical facilities that serve recipients. For example, our Care Management team helps facilities by:
- Providing a dedicated point of contact
- Handling difficult or out-of-the-ordinary NEMT requests
- Managing meals and lodging services, as needed
Forms and Other Resources:
- Transportation Request Form
- Transportation Request for Refugees Form
- Medical Necessity for Trips Over Mileage Form
- Transportation Evaluation Form
- NEMT Services Brochure
Education, Training, and Outreach (ETO)
Melissa Marengo, ETO Coordinator
651-645-9254, ext. 4452
Our ETO team welcomes the opportunity to visit your facility to facilitate presentations on MTM’s services and provide training for online trip scheduling through the Service Management Portal (SMP).
- Enrolled in Medical Assistance
- Enrolled in state-only funded Medical Assistance benefits due to residing in an Institution of Mental Diseases (IMD)
- A MinnesotaCare enrollee under the age of 21
- A pregnant woman enrolled in MinnesotaCare
- Enrolled in Refugee Medical Assistance (RMA)
Recipients must be attending a covered medical service and have no other way to get there. If the recipient can drive themselves to a covered appointment, or if a neighbor, friend, relative, or voluntary organization is able to give them a ride for free, they cannot get a ride through MTM. However, they may be eligible for mileage reimbursement.
The customer service representative will note the trip and cancel with the transportation provider.
Cancellation policy: Excessive cancellation will result in a temporary suspension of transportation benefits.
MTM does not provide emergency transportation that pertains to life threatening medical situations, significant trauma, comas, shock, uncontrolled bleeding, respiratory distress, poisoning, drug overdose, and any other situation where immediate medical relief or treatment is necessary. Please call 911 in the case of a medical emergency.
You may also fill out our convenient online form, or write to MTM at:
Attn: Quality & Compliance
16 Hawk Ridge Drive
Lake Saint Louis, Missouri 63367